Do you want to hire an interior designer but don’t know where to start? Working with an interior designer is the best way to ensure that you have the best outcome for your spaces. Here are a few tips to prepare to work with an interior designer.
As interior designers, it is our goal to ensure that the process is seamless and a happy experience for all our clients. So, if this is your first time working with an interior designer, here are the things you need to prepare:
Before the Project
- Think about what room(s) to prioritize
- Think about what spaces are a priority and why. Make a wish list and prioritize according to you and your family’s needs.
- Share your ideas with your partner/family and make sure you’re on the same page about your priorities. Hint: A designer can help you narrow down your design style and choose priorities during a consultation.
2. Plan your Budget
- Do some research or book a consultation to prepare your budget per room.
- Be aware. It will probably cost more than you think if you want to use quality furniture plus all the other items your room needs. A typical full-room design has 15-20 products.
3. Think about what is working and what isn’t
- Think about what pieces are staying and what new things you need.
- Think about what furniture you need.
- Think about what organization you need.
4. Research Inspiration pictures
5. Who’s doing the implementation? DIY or your design team?
- We offer virtual design options and Full Service design. Learn about the differences and what works best for you.
During the Project
6. Be prepared for some time commitment
- Be prepared to dedicate to a project/decision making time: During a design project, whether it’s e-design or Full Service, be aware that you’ll need to make important decisions. So make sure you are able to respond quickly to decisions that need to be made via calls or emails.
- Think about your vacations/life commitments: While you can certainly take vacations during projects, let your design team know key dates you’ll be out of town for planning purposes.
7. Be prepared for changes to your routine
- Prepare to clear your space, donate items, and get rid of clutter.
- Prepare for people to come into your home. Your design team or contractors might need access to your home throughout the project.
- Think about where you will do things while that room is going through transition (ie. not being able to use a bedroom, shower, or kitchen)
After the Project
- Prepare to do your Happy Dance!
- Prepare to love the spaces you live in!
- And most of all, prepare to be Wow’ed by your home!
Book Design Services
Are you ready to work with our design team? Book a call to start! We have 3 tiers of flexible design services to work with your budget and needs.
FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM
Follow Us for tips, inspo, and daily design fun!
[…] you ever wondered what it’s like to work with a designer? Basically, you’re hiring a design expert who will be your PARTNER throughout your project and gives you a plan that takes you from start to […]
leave a comment